Canberra Contractors (CC) understands the importance of privacy to employees, subcontractors and stakeholders.
This policy covers CC’s treatment of personally identifiable information that we collect or hold.
Like many other organisations, CC must comply with the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012 which amends the Privacy Act 1988 in dealing with personal information.
Any personal information that CC holds will be treated in the strictest confidence. The information will be used by CC for the purposes for which it is gathered or could reasonably be expected to be used.
The core strategies include:
CC will take all reasonable steps to secure the confidentiality of your information; and
CC will look to implement reasonable procedures that will ensure compliance with the Policy.
Information we collect and hold
CC collects and holds a range of personal information necessary to carry out our business activities and contractual obligations.
The personal information we typically collect includes:
- Personal details (such as your name, age, date of birth, gender);
- Contact details (such as your phone number, email address, postal address, post code);
- Your image (such as photos and video recordings);
- Information contained in resumes, educational details, employment history, skills and background checks, references from past employers and referees;
- Personal information required to make payments, such as bank account details, tax file number and superannuation details; and
- Any other information necessary to manage and administer our legal and contractual obligations.
How we use personal information
How we store personal information
CC holds your personal information securely through physical and electronic means. Our in-house IT system is secured with a firewall and anti-virus scanners, with information stored in secure databases. Only authorised staff have access to your information and only when it is required.,
CC will destroy or de-identify your personal information when we no longer need it for the purpose for which it was collected, unless the law requires otherwise.
Access to information
CC provides individuals secure access to their personal information held by CC, for the purpose of verification and/or amendment.